The Student News Site of Elk City High School
Back to Article
Back to Article

September Rotary Students Chosen

Alex Waters and Macie Whitson chosen as September Rotary Students of the Month.

September Rotary Students Chosen

Alex Waters and Macie Whitson were chosen as the Rotary Students for the month of September, 2019.

Alex is the son of Jeff and Kris Waters. He is actively involved in soccer, cross country, Interact, National Honor Society and pep club. He also enjoys fishing, attending church and hanging out with his friends. He plans on attending college after high school and is undecided on his major.

When asked where he might attend college, Alex said, “Wherever I get the most scholarships.”

Macie is the daughter of John and Shannon Whitson. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, going to see her sister in Stillwater and going to watch OSU games. “Go Pokes,” said Macie!

In school Macie is involved in Interact, Key Club and student council. She plans to attend college or cosmetology school after graduation.

“I either plan on attending Oklahoma State University or South Western Oklahoma State University,” said Macie. “I have not decided what I am majoring in, yet. I am starting to job shadow, so I can try some things out and find something I love. I am leaning toward something in the medical field.”

This year’s Rotary student representatives will be announced at the beginning of each month through May.

The Elk • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in