Students Celebrate National FFA Week

Back to Article
Back to Article

Students Celebrate National FFA Week

Mayra Martinez braves the cold weather to help put flags out. FFA students participated in a community service project on Monday, Feb. 18, as a part of National FFA week.

Karie Dillinger

Karie Dillinger

Karie Dillinger

Nearly 670,000 Future Farmers of America members across the country are celebrating National FFA Week, Feb. 16-23.

The purpose of FFA week is to share the purpose of FFA and the impact it has every day.

The Elk City High School chapter has hands-on activities planned for FFA members throughout the week to serve and interact throughout the community and in school.

This week’s activities include:

• Monday, Feb. 18 – Community Service with Presidents Day Flag Delivery
  • Tuesday, Feb. 19 – FFA Legislative Day at the Capitol
  • Wednesday, Feb. 20 – Mystery Skype with another FFA Chapter
  • Thursday, Feb. 21 – KECO Radio Spot 11 a.m., and Agribusiness Scavenger Hunt
  • Friday, Feb. 22 – Dance for Elk City High School students, 9 through 12 grade, $5 each from 8 p.m to 11 p.m.

FFA events won’t conclude with National FFA week. Next week they will be setting up for their livestock show, participating in a public speaking workshop and visiting the Kiwanis and Lions clubs.