The Student News Site of Elk City High School
Back to Article
Back to Article

FFA Conferences

Front row:  Bessie Winingham, Cheyenne Cook, Lex Dugger, Bree Barnett,
Brooke Sutton, Faith Jackson
Back row:  Lillian Rhodes, Jesse Bui, Mason Smith, Tyler Whitehead,
John Hargis, and Elijah Hinds

Front row: Bessie Winingham, Cheyenne Cook, Lex Dugger, Bree Barnett, Brooke Sutton, Faith Jackson Back row: Lillian Rhodes, Jesse Bui, Mason Smith, Tyler Whitehead, John Hargis, and Elijah Hinds

FFA Chapter

FFA Chapter

FFA Chapter

FFA Conferences

On January 28, eleven members of the Elk City FFA chapter attended the Made for Excellence and Advanced Leadership Development conferences held in Edmond, Oklahoma.

“FFA members learn to have a real-life social network through these conferences,” said Mrs. Dillinger.

The Made for Excellence Conference is an event dedicated to having 8th, 9th, and 10th grade FFA Members begin thinking about their plans for their future. Their goal is to have the members understand themselves and to consider the choices they make that can play a large toll on their future.

“It’s very important because it teaches you about leadership, social skills and how to work with others,” said Jesse Bui.

Advanced Leadership Development, on the contrary, is a program held for 11th and 12th grade FFA Members. ALD’s aim for the members is to introduce the fact that leadership is a large influence in real-life situations and affects their path. Members work in small groups to solve challenges and discuss a plan to make each FFA Chapter more successful through team building, problem-solving, and service to others in the community.

Next on the schedule, the chapter has special events planned to celebrate National FFA week February 17 through 24.

The Elk • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in